Toronto will be your home away from home! In 2011, The Economist ranked Toronto as the fourth-best city in the world for overall quality of life. Price Waterhouse Coopers listed Toronto in second place as a global city of opportunity. The perfect place to study, Toronto is a safe, affordable, friendly and multicultural environment.
- Canada’s largest city with 2.5 million residents
- Multicultural centre where half the population was born outside of Canada
- Home to more than 100 languages
- One of North America’s largest public-transit systems
- Five professional sport teams
- Average annual temperature ranges from -8°C to 27°C
Any time of year, it is great to be in Toronto. In summer, there are many arts and cultural festivals. During the fall, the colourful trees are beautiful. In winter, go ice skating by the lake. Each spring, fragrant cherry trees bloom in High Park.
The city has many kinds of attractions, such as the CN Tower, Casa Loma, the Royal Ontario Museum, the Art Gallery of Ontario, and Canada’s Wonderland theme park.
Toronto is a city of neighbourhoods. Our fabulous multicultural communities — Chinatown, Greektown, Little Italy, and Koreatown — let you eat your way around the world.
What’s the weather like in Toronto? Here’s some information about the clothing you’ll need in Toronto’s climate.